Live Webinar: Post-COVID Conditions in Children and Young People
Post-COVID conditions is the term the CDC uses for the wide range of physical and mental health consequences that can occur four or more weeks after SARS-CoV-2 infection. Although COVID-19 is generally mild in children and young people, they may experience post-COVID conditions with symptoms such as fatigue, sleep difficulties, cognitive difficulties, depression, anxiety, and pain. This webinar reviews the epidemiology and clinical presentation of post-COVID conditions with an emphasis on children and young people and describes how post-COVID conditions are being addressed with clinical guidance, research efforts, and dissemination of information. Similarities to other syndromes with post-acute sequelae, including post-sepsis syndrome, are presented.
Healthcare providers including nurses, sepsis coordinators, physicians, APPs, pre-hospital personnel, and pharmacists as well as survivors and/or caregivers.
At the end of the presentation, the attendee should be able to:
- Describe the epidemiology and symptoms of post-COVID conditions with an emphasis on how they can present in adults and children;
- Identify factors associated with an increased occurrence of post-COVID conditions;
- Describe the impact of post-COVID conditions on quality of life;
- Know how to access clinical guidance and web information on post-COVID conditions;
- Recognize similarities between post-COVID conditions and other post-acute sequalae, including post-sepsis syndrome.
Anindita Nanda Issa, MD
Medical Officer, National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases at the CDC
Anindita Nanda Issa, MD is a Medical Officer in the National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases at the CDC where she focuses on health education, surveillance, and research efforts for myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome and has most recently been involved with the COVID-19 emergency response focusing on post-COVID conditions. She completed two CDC fellowships including the Epidemic Intelligence Service and the Preventive Medicine Fellowship. Prior to that she completed a residency in anatomic pathology and a fellowship in forensic pathology at Emory University Hospital.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP17068 for 1.2 contact hours.
Other healthcare providers will receive a certificate of attendance for 1.0 contact hours.
The information on or available through this site is intended for educational purposes only. Sepsis Alliance does not represent or guarantee that information on or available through this site is applicable to any specific patient’s care or treatment. The educational content on or available through this site does not constitute medical advice from a physician and is not to be used as a substitute for treatment or advice from a practicing physician or other healthcare provider. Sepsis Alliance recommends users consult their physician or healthcare provider regarding any questions about whether the information on or available through this site might apply to their individual treatment or care.
- 1.00 Participation
- 1.20 RN CE Contact HoursProvider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP17068.
To register for this webinar, please follow these steps:
- If you have a Sepsis Alliance Institute account, select Login. If you do not yet have an account, select Register to create your FREE account.
- Select Take Course. Answer the additional registration questions, then select Take Course.
- You will receive a confirmation email from the Sepsis Alliance Institute after registration as well as a Zoom confirmation email. These emails will include a calendar invitation to add to your email calendar.
- Click Start under the Webinar (Via Zoom) tab in the course outline to complete your registration.
- Slides will be made available 1-2 days before the webinar.
- When it is time to join the webinar, select Webinar. Select Join the webinar. The Zoom Webinar window will pop up and you will see the webinar as you normally would.
- After the webinar, come back to this activity to complete the Evaluation. You'll be able to download your certificate immediately after the webinar.
We hope that this update makes the webinar viewing and credit claiming processes easier for you! Please don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com with any questions.