Live Webinar: Precision Medicine for Sepsis: Targeted Therapy Based on Molecular Endotyping
Sponsored by Spectral Medical
Although overall mortality rates for sepsis are decreasing, some forms of sepsis—particularly severe sepsis that is sudden in onset—continue to claim many lives. Some of these aggressive forms of sepsis have been tied to molecular mechanisms that can offer new treatment targets. This webinar will focus on current methods used to identify sepsis subtypes and explore targeted therapies for such patients
Nurses, physicians, pharmacists, emergency responders, healthcare management teams, and other healthcare staff may benefit.
At the end of the webinar, the attendee should be able to:
- Explain why sepsis is a heterogenous syndrome;
- Define sepsis endotypes and explain why they are critical in achieving progress in sepsis therapy;
- Discuss the role of damage and pathogen-associated molecular patterns in pathogenesis of sepsis and in developing treatments.
Sepsis Alliance gratefully acknowledges the support provided for this webinar by Spectral Medical Inc.
John A. Kellum, MD, MCCM
Chief Medical Officer, Spectral Medical Inc.
Dr. John Kellum is a distinguished Professor at the University of Pittsburgh, Department of Critical Care Medicine (currently on leave) and UPMC Endowed Chair in Critical Care Research. He has over 25 years experience as a practicing intensive care physician and has a Master of Critical Care Medicine from American Collage of Critical Care Medicine. Dr. Kellum has been an NIH-funded investigator for over 20 years. He is a highly-cited researcher and is an expert in sepsis, ranked by Web of Science Top 1% and by expertscape.com in the top 0.0029%.
No continuing education credits are offered for this sponsored webinar.
The information on or available through this site is intended for educational purposes only. Sepsis Alliance does not represent or guarantee that information on or available through this site is applicable to any specific patient’s care or treatment. The educational content on or available through this site does not constitute medical advice from a physician and is not to be used as a substitute for treatment or advice from a practicing physician or other healthcare provider. Sepsis Alliance recommends users consult their physician or healthcare provider regarding any questions about whether the information on or available through this site might apply to their individual treatment or care.
Thank you for your interest in this webinar! We've improved the webinar registration experience, meaning that the registration process looks a little different. To register for this webinar, please follow these steps:
- If you have a Sepsis Alliance Institute account, select Login. If you do not yet have an account, select Register to create your FREE account.
- Select Take Course. Answer the additional registration questions, then select Take Course.
- You will receive a confirmation email from the Sepsis Alliance Institute after registration as well as a Zoom confirmation email. These emails will include a calendar invitation to add to your email calendar.
- Click Start under the Webinar (Via Zoom) tab in the course outline to complete your registration.
- Slides will be made available 1-2 days before the webinar.
- When it is time to join the webinar, select Webinar. Select Join the webinar. The Zoom Webinar window will pop up and you will see the webinar as you normally would.
- After the webinar, come back to this activity to complete the Evaluation. You'll be able to download your certificate immediately after the webinar.
We hope that this update makes the webinar viewing and credit claiming processes easier for you! Please don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com with any questions.