Live Webinar: The Real Problem with Sepsis Management
Sponsored by Luminare.
Learn how clinical observations and workflow at bedside along with EHR data produces better patient outcomes through three real-life case studies. This webinar will cover how using robotic process automation can drive clinical workflow to produce earlier sepsis identification, universal sepsis screening, and improved awareness at bedside of patient acuity, while equipping the Sepsis Coordinator to make a case for sepsis process improvement.
Nurses, physicians, pharmacists, emergency responders, healthcare management teams, and other healthcare staff may benefit.
At the end of the presentation, attendees should be able to:
- Explain Swiss Cheese and its application to sepsis: why bedside nursing workflow is key to better sepsis outcomes;
- Understand the surprising truth of in-hospital sepsis: the different outcomes between in-hospital and out-of-hospital sepsis;
- Be equipped to build a business case for improving sepsis outcomes: justify programs for improving sepsis care.
Sepsis Alliance gratefully acknowledges the support provided for this webinar by Luminare.
Sarma Velamuri, MD
Co-founder and CEO, Luminare
Dr. Sarma Velamuri is a board-certified Internal Medicine physician, residency at Baylor College of Medicine, before working as a hospitalist at CHI-St. Luke’s Medical Center in Houston, TX. He has served on process improvement, health informatics, and patient safety committees at large hospitals in and around the greater Houston area. He currently serves as the Co-founder and CEO of Luminare, a healthcare software company with a mission to stop death and morbidity through efficient, software-driven workflow optimization and digitization of manual processes.
No continuing education credits are offered for this sponsored webinar.
The information on or available through this site is intended for educational purposes only. Sepsis Alliance does not represent or guarantee that information on or available through this site is applicable to any specific patient’s care or treatment. The educational content on or available through this site does not constitute medical advice from a physician and is not to be used as a substitute for treatment or advice from a practicing physician or other healthcare provider. Sepsis Alliance recommends users consult their physician or healthcare provider regarding any questions about whether the information on or available through this site might apply to their individual treatment or care.
Thank you for your interest in this webinar! We've improved the webinar registration experience, meaning that the registration process looks a little different. To register for this webinar, please follow these steps:
- If you have a Sepsis Alliance Institute account, select Login. If you do not yet have an account, select Register to create your FREE account.
- Select Take Course. Answer the additional registration questions, then select Take Course.
- You will receive a confirmation email from the Sepsis Alliance Institute after registration as well as a Zoom confirmation email. These emails will include a calendar invitation to add to your email calendar.
- Click Start under the Webinar (Via Zoom) tab in the course outline to complete your registration.
- Slides will be made available 1-2 days before the webinar.
- When it is time to join the webinar, select Webinar. Select Join the webinar. The Zoom Webinar window will pop up and you will see the webinar as you normally would.
- After the webinar, come back to this activity to complete the Evaluation. You'll be able to download your certificate immediately after the webinar.
We hope that this update makes the webinar viewing and credit claiming processes easier for you! Please don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com with any questions.