In September 2022, Sepsis Alliance hosted its annual Sepsis Alliance Summit. The event featured two days of learning and inspiration for healthcare professionals across the continuum of care, including nurses, physicians, pharmacists, allied health professionals, data/quality/safety/IT professionals, students, leadership, policy makers, and industry leaders. Designed to explore an array of sepsis-related topics in healthcare, Sepsis Alliance Summit included expert presentations from clinicians, innovation experts, and other influential leaders.
Sessions were recorded and are available below.
Continuing Education Sessions
Nursing CE contact hours offered! Sessions are grouped together to meet the minimum time requirement to provide CE credits.
- Keynotes: You're the Answer! Using Media Strategies to Raise Sepsis Awareness | How Inclusive Healthcare Practices for People with IDD can Save Lives
- Phenotypes in Pediatric Sepsis and the Importance of Personalized Care | Maternal Sepsis in 2022 and Beyond
- Predicting Sepsis Readmissions Using Social Determinants of Health | Exploring “I-TRANSFER”: An Evidence-Based Protocol for Post-Acute Sepsis Care
- SEP-1 Updates: What’s New, What’s Next, and What Matters Most | Achieving SEP-1 Compliance: One Emergency Department's Pathway to Success
- The Virtual Sepsis Unit: Mastering Sepsis Care with Outstanding Results | Standardizing Sepsis Care Across a Large Health System to Reduce Mortality
- Burden and Impact of Sepsis During the COVID-19 Pandemic | “Sepsis 2.5”: Bridging the Gaps Between Definitions and Outcomes on Patient Care and Denials
- Opportunities for Intervention in the Week Preceding a Sepsis Hospitalization | Multidisciplinary Approach to Bugs & Drugs: Deciding When and What Antimicrobials to Use in Adult Sepsis Patients
- Sepsis Case Reviews: What We Can Learn About Approaches in Clinical Practice
Sponsor Innovation Sessions
No CE credits offered for these sessions.
- Patient-Centric Sepsis Management Powered by a New Host-Response Technology (sponsored by Cytovale)
- Severity Stratification of Hospitalized COVID-19 Patients Using SeptiCyte RAPID (sponsored by Immunexpress)
- How RECCE 327 is Leading the Way as a Potential Robust Solution to Sepsis and Superbugs (sponsored by Recce Pharmaceuticals)
- Our Sepsis Journey: Evaluation of Implementation of Artificial Intelligence in the Emergency Department (sponsored by Mednition)
- Enhancing the Standard of Sepsis Care at a Critical Access Hospital With Culture-Independent Testing (sponsored by T2 Biosystems)
- Septic Data: How Quality Informatics Can Impact Clinical and Financial Outcomes in Healthcare, Especially Sepsis Management (sponsored by ICU Medical)
- Early Sepsis Detection Utilizing Continuous Vital Sign Monitoring (sponsored by Sotera Digital Health)
- Stroke Volume Guided Fluid Resuscitation in Sepsis (sponsored by Baxter)
- The Critical Role of Nursing in Diagnostic and Antimicrobial Stewardship (sponsored by bioMérieux)
- Safely Managing Antibiotics Through Procalcitonin Measurement (sponsored by Siemens Healthineers)
- Host Response Diagnostics: Evolving the Standard of Care for Acute Infection and Sepsis in the ED (sponsored by Inflammatix)
- Virtual Patient Surveillance Technology and Sepsis: Bringing Patient Data to the Surface (sponsored by GE Healthcare)
- Improving Sepsis Performance with People, Processes, and Technology (sponsored by Wolters Kluwer)