Sponsored Webinar: Advanced Immune Response Diagnostics in Clinical Practice for Acute Infection and Sepsis
Sponsored by Inflammatix
Join Tim Sweeney, MD, PhD, CEO of Inflammatix to learn how the immune response to infections can be leveraged to develop advanced diagnostics for the point of care (POC) setting to improve sepsis outcomes in clinical practice.
There will be a LIVE Q&A with Oliver Liesenfeld, MD and CMO of Inflammatix, after Dr. Sweeney's presentation!
Nurses, Advanced Practice Providers, Physicians, Emergency Responders, Pharmacists, Medical Technologists, Respiratory Therapists, Physical/ Occupational Therapist, Social Workers, Mental Health Professionals, Students, IT Professionals, Advocates, and more!
Sepsis Alliance gratefully acknowledges the support provided for this webinar by Inflammatix.
At the end of this presentation, the attendee should be able to:
- Identify the acute infection and sepsis diagnostic challenge;
- Trace the evolution/journey of sepsis biomarkers and where the field is heading;
- Understand the immune system as a universal diagnostic and the concept of advanced immune response diagnostics for acute infections and sepsis;
- Translate an immune response diagnostic test into POC for use in clinical practice;
- Apply of an advanced immune response POC test in the ED to provide diagnostic and prognostic information within minutes.
Tim Sweeney, MD, PhD
Co-Founder and CEO, Inflammatix, Inc.
Tim Sweeney, MD, PhD, is co-founder and CEO of Inflammatix. Tim has experience across medical practice (general surgery & critical care), bench research, and bioinformatics / machine learning. While training at Stanford he helped invent the core technology on which Inflammatix is based, is named on over a dozen patents related to medical diagnostics, and has published >100 manuscripts & abstracts. He is PI (through Inflammatix) on multiple development contracts from DARPA, BARDA, and NIH, and brought Inflammatix to recognition as the ‘Most Disruptive Technology’ at AACC in 2019, and the “Fierce 15” list in 2020. He participated in Sepsis Tech & Innovation 2021.
Oliver Liesenfeld, MD, PhD
Chief Medical Officer, Inflammatix
Oliver Liesenfeld has over 30 years of industry and academic experience in the clinical and diagnostics field, with a focus on molecular diagnostics and infectious diseases. Since 2018, as Chief Medical Officer, he heads the Clinical Affairs department at Inflammatix Inc. in support of clinical trial design, clinical trial conduct, and communication of medical and scientific evidence. From 2008 to 2017, Dr. Liesenfeld was Chief Medical Officer at Roche Molecular Diagnostics, where he built a state-of-the-art clinical affairs department leading the company’s clinical science, medical affairs, clinical operations, and biometrics functions. Dr. Liesenfeld holds an MD and a doctoral (Dr. med) degree from the Free University of Berlin and completed his residency in medical microbiology and infection epidemiology at the Charite Medical School in Berlin. He completed a postdoctoral fellowship in the Division of Infectious Diseases and Geographic Medicine at Stanford University from 1994-1997 and was Associate Professor of Medical Microbiology and Infection Immunology at the Charite Medical School from 2001 to 2008, where his research focused on the immune response to infections and clinical diagnostics.
Dr. Liesenfeld has authored more than 185 PubMed-listed scientific publications and more than 30 book chapters.
No continuing education credits are offered for this session.
The information on or available through this site is intended for educational purposes only. Sepsis Alliance does not represent or guarantee that information on or available through this site is applicable to any specific patient’s care or treatment. The educational content on or available through this site does not constitute medical advice from a physician and is not to be used as a substitute for treatment or advice from a practicing physician or other healthcare provider. Sepsis Alliance recommends users consult their physician or healthcare provider regarding any questions about whether the information on or available through this site might apply to their individual treatment or care.
Thank you for your interest in this webinar! We've improved the webinar registration experience, meaning that the registration process looks a little different. To register for this webinar, please follow these steps:
- If you have a Sepsis Alliance Institute account, select Login. If you do not yet have an account, select Register to create your FREE account.
- Select Take Course. Answer the additional registration questions, then select Take Course.
- You will receive a confirmation email from the Sepsis Alliance Institute after registration as well as a Zoom confirmation email. These emails will include a calendar invitation to add to your email calendar.
- Click Start under the Webinar (Via Zoom) tab in the course outline to complete your registration.
- Slides will be made available 1-2 days before the webinar.
- When it is time to join the webinar, select Webinar. Select Join the webinar. The Zoom Webinar window will pop up and you will see the webinar as you normally would.
- After the webinar, come back to this activity to complete the Evaluation. You'll be able to download your certificate immediately after the webinar.
We hope that this update makes the webinar viewing and credit claiming processes easier for you! Please don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com with any questions.