Sponsored Webinar: Building ROI for Your Sepsis Program: Key Considerations for People, Process, and Technology
Sponsored by Wolters Kluwer
Hospitals and health systems are under pressure to demonstrate measurable improvements in sepsis care to reduce the profound financial impact of sepsis on patients and hospitals. Meanwhile, with small budgets for people, process, and technology to improve performance, sepsis managers are often asked to justify investments by providing performance metrics and return on investment (ROI). Calculating ROI, specifically for sepsis performance, can be complex. In this sponsored webinar, learners will explore key considerations for building the ROI for their sepsis programs and investments, and will discuss how changes in people, process, and technology can drive improved sepsis outcomes.
Nurses, advanced practice providers, physicians, emergency responders, pharmacists, medical technologists, respiratory therapists, physical/occupational therapists, infection prevention specialists, data/quality specialists, and more.
Sepsis Alliance gratefully acknowledges the support provided for this webinar by Wolters Kluwer.
Itay Klaz, MD, MHCI
Medical Director, Wolters Kluwer
Itay Klaz, MD, MHCI, is responsible for directing clinical efforts toward the development, implementation, and support of the Wolters Kluwer suite of surveillance software solutions, primarily focusing on Wolters Kluwer POC Advisor. Dr. Klaz is a clinical informatician, dermatologist, and a former military surgeon.
He has specialized in the convergence of enterprise-level electronic health records, EHR interoperability, health care data science, clinical governance, patient outreach, risk, value-based care models, and provider engagement.
Dr. Klaz earned his doctor of medicine and bachelor of science degrees from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel and his master of healthcare informatics from the University of San Diego. He has served in various leadership positions as CMIO, SVP of Clinical Informatics, and Medical Director of HIT.
No continuing education credits are offered for the Sponsor Innovation Webinar.
The information on or available through this site is intended for educational purposes only. Sepsis Alliance does not represent or guarantee that information on or available through this site is applicable to any specific patient’s care or treatment. The educational content on or available through this site does not constitute medical advice from a physician and is not to be used as a substitute for treatment or advice from a practicing physician or other healthcare provider. Sepsis Alliance recommends users consult their physician or healthcare provider regarding any questions about whether the information on or available through this site might apply to their individual treatment or care.
To register for this webinar, please follow these steps:
- If you have a Sepsis Alliance Institute account, select Login. If you do not yet have an account, select Register to create your FREE account.
- Select Take Course. Answer the additional registration questions, then select Take Course.
- You will receive a confirmation email from the Sepsis Alliance Institute after registration as well as a Zoom confirmation email. These emails will include a calendar invitation to add to your email calendar.
- Click Start under the Webinar (Via Zoom) tab in the course outline to complete your registration.
- When it is time to join the webinar, select Webinar (Via Zoom). Select Join the webinar. The Zoom window will pop up and you will see the webinar as you normally would.
- After the webinar, come back to this activity to complete the Evaluation. You'll be able to download your certificate immediately after the webinar.
Please don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.