Sponsored Webinar: Helping Patients Avoid Sepsis Through Data Discovery
Sponsored by Dascena.
Dascena’s machine learning algorithm, InSight, is a non-device clinical decision support (CDS) tool used by healthcare providers to identify patient data patterns that may be missed by a human. InSight can automatically recognize patients who are at risk of sepsis up to 4 hours before onset with high accuracy. This helps inform physicians and care teams early, so they can take appropriate action.
Clinical evidence and scientific rigor are at the core of Dascena’s development. During our real-world clinical trial, hospitals saw an average 39.5% reduction of in-hospital mortality, a 32.3% reduction of hospital length of stay, and a 22.7% reduction of 30-day readmission rates for sepsis-related patient stays when using InSight.
This webinar is part of the Sepsis Alliance Clinical Community Sponsor Innovation Day.
Nurses, physicians, pharmacists, emergency responders, healthcare management teams, and other healthcare staff may benefit.
At the end of this presentation, attendees will be able to:
- Understand a new technology that has the potential to help resource-constrained care teams identify sepsis earlier.
Sepsis Alliance gratefully acknowledges the support provided for this webinar by Dascena.
Sr. Manager, Product Strategy, Dascena
Rome has always been interested in tinkering and taking things apart to understand how they work. As a child, his father would bring him along to fix anything that broke in their home, from sticking door mechanisms to failed electrical wiring, seeding his interest in product design. Rome went on to study Mechanical Engineering and Applied Mechanics, with a focus in Engineering Entrepreneurship, at the University of Pennsylvania. Before joining Dascena to lead strategy and development of our core sepsis product, InSight, he helped various digital health and life sciences companies navigate market access for new products as a strategy consultant at Accenture. Outside of work, Rome is an avid surfer, mountain biker, a trained stunt car driver, and is fascinated by books in the field of behavioral economics.
No continuing education credits are offered for this sponsor innovation webinar.
The information on or available through this site is intended for educational purposes only. Sepsis Alliance does not represent or guarantee that information on or available through this site is applicable to any specific patient’s care or treatment. The educational content on or available through this site does not constitute medical advice from a physician and is not to be used as a substitute for treatment or advice from a practicing physician or other healthcare provider. Sepsis Alliance recommends users consult their physician or healthcare provider regarding any questions about whether the information on or available through this site might apply to their individual treatment or care.
To register for this webinar, please follow these steps:
- If you have a Sepsis Alliance Institute account, select Login. If you do not yet have an account, select Register to create your FREE account.
- Select Take Course. Answer the additional registration questions, then select Take Course.
- You will receive a confirmation email from the Sepsis Alliance Institute after registration as well as a Zoom confirmation email. These emails will include a calendar invitation to add to your email calendar.
- Click Start under the Webinar (Via Zoom) tab in the course outline to complete your registration.
- Slides will be made available 1-2 days before the webinar.
- When it is time to join the webinar, select Webinar. Select Join the webinar. The Zoom Webinar window will pop up and you will see the webinar as you normally would.
- After the webinar, come back to this activity to complete the Evaluation. You'll be able to download your certificate immediately after the webinar.
We hope that this update makes the webinar viewing and credit claiming processes easier for you! Please don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com with any questions.