Sponsored Webinar: Incorporating Aseptic Non Touch Technique (ANTT) Into Practice
Sponsored by ICU Medical
During this sponsored webinar, learners will hear a discussion of Aseptic Non Touch Technique (ANTT), including what it is, how it differs from aseptic technique, and relevant products and suggestions for successful implementation of ANTT in infection prevention practice.
Nurses, advanced practice providers, physicians, emergency responders, pharmacists, medical technologists, respiratory therapists, physical/occupational therapists, infection prevention specialists, data/quality specialists, and more.
At the end of the webinar, the learner should be able to:
- Describe sources of infection and what ANTT means;
- Identify examples of implementation tools for use in practice;
- Provide examples of products compliant with ANTT for infection prevention.
Sepsis Alliance gratefully acknowledges the support provided for this webinar by ICU Medical.
Jesús Cabrera, MD, PhD
Chief Medical Officer, ICU Medical
Jesús Cabrera, MD, PhD, hails from California. He completed his undergraduate degree at University of California Santa Cruz. He obtained his professional degrees as a graduate of the Medical Scientist Training Program at the University of Michigan. His postgraduate training included two years of surgical residency followed by his completion of an anesthesia residency with an additional clinical fellowship in advanced cancer pain at the University of Minnesota. Following a decade of work as a physician scientist, Dr. Cabrera moved from the academic world into the industry. He has been with ICU Medical for eight years and took over the role as Chief Medical Officer with the acquisition of Smiths Medical by ICU Medical.
Tom Billings, RN
Clinical Resource Manager, ICU Medical
Tom Billings’s nursing experience includes hemetology/oncology, critical care, and emergency nursing. He has 16 years of experience with ICU Medical supporting IV therapy, anesthesia, NICU/pediatrics, and oncology safety systems.
Melissa Smith, BSN, RN
Renal Specialist, ICU Medical
Melissa Smith is a clinical consultant, RN, wife, mom of four, and a survivor of a healthcare-associated infection in 2007. She is passionate about healthcare and patient safety. In her current role, she supports the adoption of innovative products, evidence-based best practices from the bedside to the boardroom, and influencing change to improve outcomes for all patients.
No continuing education credits are offered for the Sponsor Innovation webinar.
The information on or available through this site is intended for educational purposes only. Sepsis Alliance does not represent or guarantee that information on or available through this site is applicable to any specific patient’s care or treatment. The educational content on or available through this site does not constitute medical advice from a physician and is not to be used as a substitute for treatment or advice from a practicing physician or other healthcare provider. Sepsis Alliance recommends users consult their physician or healthcare provider regarding any questions about whether the information on or available through this site might apply to their individual treatment or care.
To register for this webinar, please follow these steps:
- If you have a Sepsis Alliance Institute account, select Login. If you do not yet have an account, select Register to create your FREE account.
- Select Take Course. Answer the additional registration questions, then select Take Course.
- You will receive a confirmation email from the Sepsis Alliance Institute after registration as well as a Zoom confirmation email. These emails will include a calendar invitation to add to your email calendar.
- Click Start under the Webinar (Via Zoom) tab in the course outline to complete your registration.
- When it is time to join the webinar, select Webinar (Via Zoom). Select Join the webinar. The Zoom window will pop up and you will see the webinar as you normally would.
- After the webinar, come back to this activity to complete the Evaluation. You'll be able to download your certificate immediately after the webinar.
Please don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.